About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, wife, a friend, and a mommy! God is good He is faithful and His love endures forever. He has truly blessed us beyond measure.

My Blog List

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 1, 2008

Thankgiving and Such

Well we just got back yesterday from Thanksgiving at DH's uncle's house in Montana. A 15 HOUR DRIVE!! I felt pretty good up until the day after Thanksgiving. Yay for eating lots on Thanksgiving though. Friday I woke up pretty nauseous and exhausted. It was great though cause I laid about on the couch all day and knitted and slept. i was able to stand long enough to try my hand at shooting a pistol for the very first time...This is Montana remember? But after that I was ready for another nap. The ride home was LONG. We did it in two days rather than one like originally planned...thank goodness. I find I am so uncomfortable right now sitting for long periods of time and sleeping that it was torture. And the common Pregnancy Constipation is starting now too and that's no fun at all.

We did tell DH's family and it was so much fun. Everyone went around the table saying what they are thankful for and Dh's brother came right before us. He didn't know that everyone didn't know so he said, "I'm thankful that I'm going to be an uncle". It was the cutest thing...and a great lead in to our thanks...Everyone was so excited. Especially Dh's OMI. We told her that she was going to be a great-grandma for the 2nd time but she didn't quite get it so I said..."We're pregnant, we're going to have a baby!" Then she got it and was so happy. everyone started teasing my MIL and calling her "Grannie" and it was great! She's really excited too.

The last group of people to tell are my extended family. Since we weren't with them on Thanksgiving I wanted to wait and tell them in person at our get together on the 21st. I'm excited for that. I will be 9 weeks by then! That's just crazy!

Oh and I have one of my bridesmaids and her husband and DS coming over for dinner tonight (they live out of town) so I can't wait to tell them!

No comments: