About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, wife, a friend, and a mommy! God is good He is faithful and His love endures forever. He has truly blessed us beyond measure.

My Blog List

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 1, 2008

Our Love Story



So my DH (Ben) and I met each other in highschool at a private Christian school we both attended. I was a sophmore and he was a freshman. We absolutely hated each other! He made me cry one day after school because he would irritate the heck out of me and tease me...it was horrible. I actually had a crush on his best friend. But he liked me and that was his "freshman" way of showing it.




So the next year we both grow up a little and decide to kind of be friends. We started talking more. A while later after we both get out of separate relationships we realize we both have a lot in common and become good friends. At this point I still don't like him and have no clue he likes me. Then God changes my heart and I start to have feelings for him like out of the blue. It was April and getting to be around prom time. I figure if he doesn't ask me I'll ask this other guy at our school. Well he ends up asking me to prom over AIM. I guess he wanted to ask me the day before at school but we were playing basketball and he got hit in the face (I think I threw the ball) and got a bloody nose and I left before he was done in the bathroom. ( I know...I sound real nice huh, LOL I swear I didn't know he got hurt).




I was so excited to go to prom with him I had never been asked by a guy before. So the whole month or so before prom we start to hang out all the time and I realize how much I really do like him and how much we have in common and the same goals for our lives and thoughts about dating, marriage, kids, etc. Then on April 24th he tells me that he really likes me and wants to be more than just friends. I tell him I really likehim to but am not sure if I want to be in a relationship. I say we should pray about it and decide later but their is no guarantee. LOL. Then by September I think he tells me that he feels that is what we should do and even though I'm scared I agree... (This all seems so funny to me now)




So we basically (date with a purpose for the next few years) Lots of magical things happen, he gives me his first kiss (I had kissed one other person :( but he hadn't). And then at our special spot int he mountains we go to every fall he proposed on Sept. 24th. We were married a year later on Sept. 23rd 2006.


No comments: