About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, wife, a friend, and a mommy! God is good He is faithful and His love endures forever. He has truly blessed us beyond measure.

My Blog List

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My adorable husband

My Sweetie posted this on his Myspace Blog - he's going to be such a good Daddy.

Fatherhood, graduation, what’s next?
A lot can happen in two months - and a lot has happened since I last blogged! First thing is, I found out that I'm going to be a dad :) It's a pretty mind-blowing feeling when you find out that you're going to be responsible for the life of another human being. Sometimes I feel so ready for it, other times it's pretty overwhelming, but never in a bad way. Steph and I still won't know whether it will be a boy or girl for at least another month, probably more, but we did get to have an ultrasound a couple weeks ago - that was really amazing :) For now, we're calling the baby "Sprout" ;)
Also, since I last blogged, I FINALLY graduated from UNM with a bachelor's degree in Computer Science. Sometimes it feels like it went by really fast, other times, it really feels like 4 1/2 years... hehe. I probably would feel more accomplished than I do if I weren't going straight to grad school, but it still feels great to have the longest stretch of school done. Just two more years, and I'll be officially done with school. Seems so far off... My kid will be walking and probably talking by then - weird!
Kinda funny how when you have kids, your perspective on life changes. You start to think about every major event in your life by what milestones your child will reach at those times. And you really start thinking about how what you do, say, and live every day will affect their life. It's pretty awesome, and I feel totally blessed that God would entrust me with someone else's life. Words just don't do it justice - that's just the best I can do to describe how I feel about it ;)
Well... I'm outta here... I've still got a lot of sleep to catch up on from the semester!

1 comment:

TrustnHim said...

Our baby is having a baby! Everyone says that being a grandparent is even better than being a parent. I'm a little skeptical because being a Mom is sooooo wonderful! Being a Dad must be too! It's exciting to think that in a few months Stephanie and Ben will have that unique, unconditional love for their baby and they will finally understand so much of what we as parents have been trying to explain to them, with statements like, "Just wait until you're a parent!" To say we are excited to be grandparents is an understatement! And whether I am called Grandmomma, or Grammy it doesn't matter as long as I am "called" to spend time with my new grandbaby! I can't wait and neither can Grandad Tom ;o)