About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, wife, a friend, and a mommy! God is good He is faithful and His love endures forever. He has truly blessed us beyond measure.

My Blog List

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 20, 2009

Welcome!

Kyle Thomas!



I thought I would share my birth story with everyone.Kyle was born at 38 weeks 5 days. My water broke at midnight July 15th when I got up to go to the bathroom I noticed I was leaking fluid. Contractions started right away and were 2-4 minutes apart. So we finished getting things together, made some coffee and called our Doula. We called the midwife and they said I could come down when I wanted.We got the hospital around 2am and didn't get a room till about 5 am. I was still getting strong 2 min contractions and tried laboring in the tub for a while. Really the only thing that worked was swaying back and forth holding on to DH while someone rubbed my back. I had bad back labor even though he wasn't sunny side up.Around 10 am my midwife came in to check me and I was 7-8cm. I remember saying "Thank you God!". It is all such a blur. I don't know when I exactly got to transition because I was having double peaking contractions the whole time towards the end. I just remember being asked if I felt like I needed to push yet and got so frustrated when some contractions I did and others I didn't. It was also hard to know how to push and push effectively. Once I got the hang of it things went fast. I pushed for over an hour though and it was definitely the hardest thing I have ever done. He was born at 1:35pm so just about 13 1/2 hours of labor. He had the cord wrapped once around his neck but cried right away when he was put on my chest. I love that as soon as he was out it was instant relief. My midwife was also great in instructing my pushes and kept me from tearing.I was so thrilled to be able to go natural and still can't believe I did it. If anyone is thinking about it, you can do it!

4 comments:

Coach Mom said...

Congratulations! Kyle is adorable. (It is a great feeling when the baby emerges, and your body can give that big sigh of relief, and enjoy a job well done!)

Tania said...

Good for you Steph! You did a great job "cooking" a healthy baby and getting him out natural!! Great job!
Tania

Erynn :) said...

So excited to see such a healthy baby - what an answer to prayer! :) I'll keep praying for you both!!!

What an adorable baby!

Michelle said...

Good job on having a natural birth, you're a real trooper!