About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, wife, a friend, and a mommy! God is good He is faithful and His love endures forever. He has truly blessed us beyond measure.

Blog Archive

My Blog List

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 9, 2010

My "First" Mother's Day

Wow...my first mother's day. Remember what I posted last year on Mother's Day?
I thought I would take the time to tell you all when I knew I wanted to be a stay-at-home-mom.

When I was about 11 years old one of my mom's good friends had her third child- a girl. We would get together with their family alot and I often saw the mom feeding the little baby a bottle. One day I decided to ask if I could try. It then became my new favorite thing. A few months went by and the little girl got older and I started going over to help watch her and take care of her as her mom was really busy with the other two kids. When the little baby girl was dedicated at church I was asked to be her godmother, and I was thrilled! I loved this little baby girl so much.

The mom ended up going through a rough time so my family and some other families helped take care of the kids. This was hard for the little girl and I became one of the only people she would want to hold her. I remember this made me feel so special. I also remember how I loved to take care of her and change her and play with her and get her up from her naps. It was almost like a babydoll but so much better because they could actually love you back. After a while our families grew apart and I didn't get to be apart of the little girl's life anymore and I always missed it but I knew that I wanted to have a baby of my own like that someday who would love me and I would love him/her back.

Kyle I am so happy to be your mommy and that I get to spend all day with you. I love to make you laugh and I love your fun personality that is starting to show through. You are such a sweet boy, I love you so much!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Tania said...

That is a sweet story Steph!!! Thats how I was with Leslie! I would keep her during church on sunday mornings and I just LOVED it. Walking around the church with her, holding her on my lap while she napped. Your cousin Jeffrey too. I loved that little boy and just loved getting to hang with him all day every day. Dancing and playing and reading. Good times. Now I have that with my boys! It is amazing! You are blessed!! Love ya!

Coach Mom said...

What a beautiful story!

Broshious Family said...

Happy Mother's day sweet friend. I know its late but thought I would tell you anyway!