About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, wife, a friend, and a mommy! God is good He is faithful and His love endures forever. He has truly blessed us beyond measure.

Blog Archive

My Blog List

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 7, 2010

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner


I don't do the SUYL much but this week it was all about names. I don't know If I have ever explained on this blog about how we named Kyle but it is a pretty special God-given name so I thought I would share today.
When we first found out we were pregnant I asked Ben if he wanted a Ben Jr. but he's wasn't thrilled...LOL so we had to think up a name and this is what we chose.
Kyle Thomas
Kyle-I have always like this name and so has Ben. It has a special place for both our families.

Ben's parents named him Kyle before he was born...his mom even had a little teddy bear with a t-shirt on that says Kyle. Well that is obviously not his name. When he was born his parents looked at his sweet little face and realized he was not a Kyle...he looked like a Ben.
My parents chose not to find out the sex of their second child who turned out to be a girl, my sister Leslie. But they had a boy name picked out...you guess it...Kyle.

Thomas is my dad's first name and since he doesn't have any sons and he's just such an awesome dad we wanted to honor him in this way.
I won't share our girls names we were thinking of because I want to save those in case we have a girl next.

2 comments:

Chocoholic said...

That's my brother's name -exactly! He is 26 years old, but what a weird coincidence?!?!

Coach Mom said...

The story behind his name makes it that much more fantastic.