About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, wife, a friend, and a mommy! God is good He is faithful and His love endures forever. He has truly blessed us beyond measure.

My Blog List

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Black Friday

Well if you know me at all you know that I LOVE a good deal. So naturally Black Friday would be thrilling for me. I'd been scouting the ads for weeks before they even came out...who knew they are leaked and scanned online for all to see. This year we are on a tight budget being on one income so I have very specific things I want for people and only a certain amount of money. So here's how my Black Friday went down.

Thursday morning...I'd heard that many places offer their doorbusters online on Thanksgiving...Kohls was one of them...I helped my mom get a gift for someone and got the good deal PLUS an extra 15% off through ebates (and 4% cash back) and we didn't have to wait in line for when they opened at 3am...

Thursday night...Toys R Us opened at 10pm...we get there at 9:30...see like a thousand people in line in the freezing cold and decide it's not worth it.

Friday morning...I get up around 7, eat breakfast, and leave about 7:30am. My strategy was if what I want is still there then it's meant to be. So I decide to try out Toys R Us and even though it's very busy they still had almost everything in their ad and there was hardly a line to check out...score!
Then I moved on to Target...What I really wanted for Ben was there at half off and they had 2 left so I now have enough left in my budget to get him a few more things!
I also stopped and Bible's Plus, and Joanns but that was just for little things...Joanns had the longest line to check out of any of the other stores...and I wasn't crazy enough to stand in the line to get fabric cut either...LOL Though I did notice they still had alot of their doorbusters left when I was there at 9am which I don't think they did last year.

Saturday night...Kyle and I are bored and I figure what the heck I'll check out Kohl's deals for kids holiday clothes and I have a gift card so I found Kyle the pants and shirt I want to go with his sweater vest for Christmas for $18 (normally $36!).

And thus ended my weekend of shopping. I would have bought alot more if it was in my budget. I just love shopping for people and getting them the perfect gift.

My online shopping has begun and will continue for the next few weeks. I've discovered all the great deals on books and other things I can get on Amazon rather than buying in-store and signing up for Amazon.com/ mom (free) gives me free shipping for 3 months!

I've also been using my Swagbucks to buy gift cards for Amazon and Paypal which has been helping too! Remember....all these money saving things like ebates, shopathome, swagbucks, and amazon mom are all FREE. So click on the links to sign up today and start saving!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dang! Youre a smart shopper! I was hoping I could figure out what you got me by reading this blog.....but no such luck! ;) Love you!