About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, wife, a friend, and a mommy! God is good He is faithful and His love endures forever. He has truly blessed us beyond measure.

Blog Archive

My Blog List

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, October 25, 2010

Bye Bye Binky

With Kyle's little brother or sister on the way we knew at some point we wanted to get rid of the binky. We've been diligent in only letting him use it for naps and at night, but he was starting to throw it out of his crib and refuse to sleep unless we came in and gave it back. He is very attached to his blankie so I wasn't worried we'd be taking away his only comfort item.

Pacifiers are one of those things that you can't believe you ever gave your child one and so thankful you did kind of things. I say now I won't give #2 one but I know when the kid is screaming and I just want 2 minutes of peace I will give them one...Anyhow...I digress...

We planned to take the binky away before the holidays and other changes would occur, moving to a new room/big boy bed, etc. I asked the Dr. about it at Kyle's 15 month appt. this week and he recommended we do it between now and 20 months...the longer we wait the harder it will be...and we also don't want it to mess up his teeth or mouth development...so with Ben going out of town for the weekend I decided it would be the perfect time (Ben is a softie (in a good way) so the crying is harder on him than me).

I really did not know what to expect. We decided to get rid of it cold turkey. Just tell him, "no more binky". It was really harder for me t not give it to him than I expected...I mean when you have visions of this sweet little face in your mind,
getting rid of the binky is just another reminder that your little baby boy is growing up....

Friday night he cried for like 7 minutes and was fast asleep...success! Saturday at his nap there was no crying, just talking and then sleep. Saturday night again, about 10 minutes of talking and then sleep! So far so good! I really thought this would be more difficult. I'm guessing he just wasn't as attached to it as I thought he was.

Photobucket

1 comment:

AJU5's Mom said...

It sounds like it was easy for you. AJU5 didn't fight too hard when we cut one and only gave her that one. I hope AJU6 is even easier!