About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, wife, a friend, and a mommy! God is good He is faithful and His love endures forever. He has truly blessed us beyond measure.

My Blog List

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 4, 2009

Not Me! Monday



My Charming Kids does this fun thing called Not Me! Monday where people post confessions about things they can't believe they did the past week. So here goes for my first post...

It was certainly not me who came home to the trash can knocked over and trash strewn all over my clean carpet by my very bad furbaby Sam last week after working all day on my feet. Of course this was about the 50th time he'd done that...and it wasn't me who wanted to burst into tears but instead went promptly to Target and bought a $70 trash can with a locking lid. I know I couldn't have put that brick in the bottom of trash can to weight it down in hopes he wouldn't knock it over. I decided to put it through a trial run with just a few items in it (so it wouldn't be too big of a mess to clean up). When I got home it certainly WAS NOT my $70 trash can who's lid had popped open after being knocked over (with the brick and all) by my precious...wretched...horrible pooch Sam. I'm pretty sure it wasn't me who decided to bungee cord the trash can lid closed then proceed to do video camera (Sam Cam) surveillance of my dog while I was gone that afternoon to figure out how to outsmart my sweet...horrible...wretched Sam.
I'm still trying to find a solution to this problem...especially after he has now decided to skip the bungee corded trash can and nose his way right into the fridge and get the good stuff...
SAM GET IN YOUR CRATE!!! YOU'RE NOT COMING OUT TILL YOU'RE 18!!


2 comments:

AJU5's Mom said...

I would lock him in a "safe" room from now on - like the bathroom. It is hard enough for me to want to clean up after AJU5 - cleaning up after a dog would be much harder!

cassie said...

Hello! I understand your "not me" dilema...I have a dog named SAM too, who absolutely loves to get into the garbage. We finally outsmarted him with the kitchen garbage(since there is no room to store the garbage under the sink or in a cupboard) we have a "garbage station" (not really sure what it's called) but it's a wooden box the door opens diagonally and the garbage sits inside. Since my SAM is a medium sized dog witout thumbs he is unable to get into it! Goodluck outsmarting your SAM!