About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, wife, a friend, and a mommy! God is good He is faithful and His love endures forever. He has truly blessed us beyond measure.

My Blog List

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Midwife appt 25 weeks 5 days

Well I got a call at 2pm yesterday saying my midwife was having an emergency root canal could they reschedule for today...I said no...I'd just see someone else. I'm so glad I did! I really liked the lady I saw. Plus I had already been eating no sugar for my glucose test and I didn't want to have to do it again today.

The glucose test was fine...the drink was not as bad as I thought...just like a cold orange melted otter pop...it was actually good. The blood draw wasn't too fun and hurt but oh well.
I thought I was going to get my Rhogam shot too but I guess I was just going to get the paperwork for it.

The new lady asked why I had come back so soon (only 2 weeks) and I said cause my midwife was going out of town and wanted to see me before she left...
She said she'd make my next appt 3 weeks so I'd be back on track at 28 weeks...the crazy thing is after this I will be going every 2 weeks! We are getting close to the end!

So stats....
BPM 130ish
Fundal height 26 (That's a 3 in growth in less than 2 weeks!)
Gained 2 lbs (in 2 weeks)
He kicks ALOT and I LOVE IT!

I also found out that my midwife works 6 weeks on 6 weeks off...didn't know this...DH thinks I should switch midwives...I really liked the one I saw yesterday...I might switch. It doesn't really matter because I don't know who will be on call when I deliver. The important thing is it will be a midwife and I won't have to see an OB.

Plans for the baby shower are coming along...the invites should be here this week.
The bedding came in yesterday!!! I LOVE it! I was planning on making it myself but decided that project was WAY more than I have time for. DH said to just buy it and save myself the hastle. (I LOVE HIM!)

I will post pictures of the room soon...it's almost done, just a few more things! I can't wait till my baby shower when I get everything else I need!

2 comments:

Broshious Family said...

Why are you not wanting an OB? I'm glad that both of our tests are done. I'll be praying for negatives!

Shannon - Desert Designs said...

I loved my midwife although initially I was annoyed because I couldn't see an OB unless I was listed as high-risk - but it turned out for the best! You must be getting so excited - I remember thinking Nadya would NEVER arrive and praying each day and night that she'd be healthy! Now we're trying for our 2nd one, so I'm hoping and praying that all goes as well this time around too!