About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, wife, a friend, and a mommy! God is good He is faithful and His love endures forever. He has truly blessed us beyond measure.

My Blog List

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 16, 2009

Buying baby things

It think since I'm in the 2nd Tri now it's okay to start looking at all the baby gear!! This week I've been doing lots of online research, talking to other mom's and I made my first treck to BRU (Babies R Us). There is SO many options out there. I told Ben I'd do the research and then come up with my picks and get the okay from him...he says he wants to have input on anything over $20...LOL.


So here's a pic of the Evenflo travel system I want. I LOVE the pattern and the Z-shaped handle is so wonderful. The baby carrier is light as is the stroller but still seems sturdy. The stroller is really easy to fold up too. I tried the Graco's but they seemed more bulky and heavy. I've debated at using one of those jogging type strollers but after pushing both I didn't notice a difference with smoothness or ease and if you get a travel system you save alot of $$$ than when you buy them separately. Plus Ben LOVES this pattern.


The next thing to figure out...co-sleeping...it's not what it used to be (having the baby sleep in your bed all the time...That will be one to research and discuss with Ben.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I love the pattern on that stroller! Eric and I have already decided against cosleeping, I'm a very active sleeper!

Stephanie said...

Well if you get an actual cosleeper crib next to your bed it's like an extension of your bed for the baby and they are with an arms reach but you won't worry you will roll on them.

Unknown said...

Hi! We have a double jogging stroller. We are JS people, but that might be partly due to the fact that in our town sidewalks are either bad or sometimes don't even exsist. So having bigger wheels *really* helps us!

I looked to see if I could find an email addy, but couldn't. So I'm just going to tell you what we do as far as co-sleeping. Co-sleeper's wouldn't claim us, and neither would non-cosleepers!

At first, when baby is teeny-tiny and I'm awake every few hours? I often fall asleep with baby in my arms. I have extra pillows for the first week or two and sometimes get most of my sleep sitting up!

After a few weeks, I start putting baby to bed in the bassinet next to our bed. When baby wakes up, he tends to move back into bed with me, simply because I'm too sleepy to stay awake! Haha.

By the time baby is a few months old, they sleep most of the night in their bed, but by morning they are still falling asleep with me. This works well for us, as husband and I get "our" time at night but I still get to wake up with my baby in the mornings. :)

My dh prefers me as rested as possible. I know of several husbands that do *not* want baby in their room, and in the end the mom ends up sleeping in a bed in baby's room! Ack! My dh would be very upset. :(

Just don't give up - the first three months of nursing are crazy. Little things you do the first three months to keep your sanity (like partially co-sleeping) don't have to be normal. After roughly three months it just gets so much better!!! Just remember it doesn't always take up as much time, k? I know so many moms who give up within 3 months and it gets so much better/faster/easier the longer you go.

Anyway, that's what we do. :) You are definatly getting a jump on baby stuff. Of course, we didn't really have the $$ so we had to rely more on hand-me-downs and baby showers. Which all come into play more 3rd trimester.

Sorry for the super long comment! I like your new profile picture!!!

~Ashley~
www.homesteadblogger.com/Jonash2004

Stephanie said...

Thanks Ashley!! I will put up a link to e-mail me, that's a good idea. Thanks for the info.