About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, wife, a friend, and a mommy! God is good He is faithful and His love endures forever. He has truly blessed us beyond measure.

My Blog List

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 29, 2009

15 Weeks

Well since Sprout measured ahead at the last ultrasound but they didn't want to move my due date up technically today I am 15 weeks...Anyhow...I haven't blogged much this week because not much has happened. My Bradley Method book came in...it's been a really good read so far I'm just trying to figure out how everything will work with that. I've already gotten lots of criticism for "going all natural" it's actually kind of sad. Even DH says, "Don't be too proud to take drugs." It's not that I'm saying I'm some super human who can do everything. I just feel that natural is best for me and Sprout...God forbid I might want to do something GOOD for my baby. I also feel that my body should be given the chance to do what God created it to. Thus far my body has done everything by the book - menstruation, ovulation, and getting pregnant. Of course I understand God has control over all that and I know that anything could happen during labor and birth but 90% of people who practice and use the Bradley Method have had sucessful natural births. That's a good statistic.

I like the Bradely method because they aren't against ANY medical intervention...only if it's medically necessary...that's what I want. It's stupid and irresponsible to refuse medical attention if it's medically necessary. I'm praying that God brings a Bradley Method class to my attention. I've been looking but haven't found one yet. That will really help my husband. Plus I decided whoever is in my room with me for the labor and birth is going to need my birth plan because I don't want them trying to tell me to get an epidural or anything like that.

Right now I will continue praying that God prepares Ben and Me for this difficult and strenuous thing called labor...I realize he has NO idea how much work it will be for BOTH of us. I've already told him, if he can't be committed to this and practice with me, then I will find someone who can...thank goodness I have a Doula and a mommy who would do great.

No comments: