About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, wife, a friend, and a mommy! God is good He is faithful and His love endures forever. He has truly blessed us beyond measure.

My Blog List

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Why I blog...why do you blog?

After reading this post from Blair this morning I've been inspired to write about why I blog.
When I started this blog last year it was strictly a baby blog...all about my pregnancy with Kyle. I wanted to have a record of it and instead of writing in a journal (I've got terrible handwriting), and because I'm on my computer alot, I decided a blog was for me. Plus, I like reading about other people's pregnancies so I thought other's might too. After Kyle was born I wanted to continue documenting his life and our family. But instead of weekly updates that you all got when I was pg, they become monthly updates with some added bonuses here and there.

An interesting side note is that alot of the pg blogs I read have now ceased to exist once the baby was born...there are very few that have continued blogging and it's kind of sad :(

There are always things I want to talk about on here but frankly I'm scared. I think because pretty much all of my 26 followers I know IRL (in real life) and/or are family. I'm not quite sure if I'm ready to take it to the next level and blog about more than just family and baby gear...I'm going to be thinking about it though.

So why do you blog? Why did you start and how has your blog changed or not changed?

2 comments:

AJU5's Mom said...

An IRL friend has a blog, and I started reading it. Then I started reading some of the blogs she had links to on her blog. I enjoyed hearing about this ladies' lives and how they shared the ups and downs of being moms. So, I started my first blog when AJU5 was about 6 months old. I have kept that blog as a place for me to write about all things mommy. But, when the election came (2008), I started a second blog where I could write about more political things - things not necessarily mommy. I did that because I knew some of my readers had completely different views. I don't write on that one very often right now, although I have some ideas for the future.

Has my blog content changed over the almost two years I have been blogging? I don't think so. There are times I share more and times I share less. But, it more has to do with trying to keep my anonymity than anything else...

Coach Mom said...

I started blogging after reading yours and "AJU5's Mom's" blog, because I enjoyed them so much, and they gave me the idea of the perfect outlet for my stories right now. For many years, folks have suggested I write a book, because they enjoy my emails and Christmas newsletters. But, I am not sure I really am an author like that. So, a blog gave me a way to write stories about my life, journal thoughts on my mind, and add pictures which I love. I am so hooked, because I did not realize that writing was so relaxing for me, until I started blogging.

FYI...I learned the hard way that when family read my blog, they interpret it differently than I intended. My Mom actually called me up and questioned why I was in financial strain and never asked for help--when the point of my blog post was to talk about how we were getting our finances in order, not a cry for help. It is funny now, but it was crazy at the time! So good luck to you when you add more personal thoughts and stories....but know that the dust does settle eventually :)