About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, wife, a friend, and a mommy! God is good He is faithful and His love endures forever. He has truly blessed us beyond measure.

Blog Archive

My Blog List

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Our New Schedule

So Kyle has been on a schedule for about 1 1/2 weeks now and it is going well. I would first like to say why I put him on a schedule. I noticed he seemed really unorganized during the day like he didn't know when to eat, when to sleep, etc. It was driving me crazy! I also felt like I couldn't tell what he wanted so I would just try and feed him whenever he cried. He also started to suck his fingers which gave me the clue he was learning to soothe himself.

I had heard about the cry it out method and thought it was really cruel and said I would never do that to a newborn that didn't know what they wanted. I decided to do some research on the Becoming Babywise book (one of the cry it out methods) because some friends had success with putting their babies on a schedule of eat/play/sleep.
During my research I found this blog Chronicles of a Babywise Mom. It was liteally a life saver. I read about the philosophy of Babywise and it really made alot of sense. Baby's look to us to figure out how the world works. They look for patterns and really thrive on consistency.

This blog also talked about a book called The BabyWhisperer (and the series as well). The Baby whisperer doesn't do cry it out (cio) they really focus on learning to communicate with your baby and learn their cries so you can better meet their needs. They also talk about helping teach the baby to self soothe so they don't need to rely on us to put them to sleep or to fall back asleep if they wake up. Alot of mom's start to feel like a human pacifier.

So on Sunday almost 2 weeks ago I decided this is what we needed to do. For my sanity and for Kyle's sake we started on a schedule. I will recap the first 2 weeks in another post and then will post each week an update on how things are going.

1 comment:

Tania said...

I tried to put Ethan on a schedule when he was about a month old.. and then realized he had kinda made his own... he was sleeping almost through the night.. just waking up once.. and then he started waking up every 2 hours all night... so.. we stopped that.. hahah I am glad it is working so well for you!! Can't wait for the updates!!!