About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, wife, a friend, and a mommy! God is good He is faithful and His love endures forever. He has truly blessed us beyond measure.

My Blog List

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas recap and looking to 2010








Well Christmas has come and gone...I can't believe it was a week ago already and it's now 2010!

Kyle enjoyed his first Christmas very much. He liked the candlelight service at church and opening his present on Christmas morning! I swear he got more presents than anyone else in the family...

We have been reading his advent books everyday since Dec 1st so he get's to know what the real reason for celebrating Christmas is.

So now it's 2010...I have to admit to you all that I hate to set goals or resolutions because I NEVER achieve them...so why let myself down? I know it's a really defeatist attitude but I'm just being real here. Last year I said I would read the Bible in a year but that stopped after a few weeks...I'm afraid to do it again though it is something I would really like to accomplish. To tell you the truth I haven't even picked up my Bible in weeks.

Why do people set yearly goals for themselves? How many people look back at their year on Dec 31st and say they could have done this thing or that thing better? Everyone I think. We are all just works in progress.

In the Babywise book it says progress is a spiral. You have some good days and some bad days but you are still going upwards toward your goal. That's kind of how I think being a follower of Christ is...you have your good days and your bad days but it all is going toward becoming more like Him.

In 2010 I really do want to have more good days where I am loving God and loving others and reading my Bible.

I also want to be a better wife and mother and better friend. I just need some help being motivated to do it. Even with the big possibility of failure. That's something I want to work on in 2010.

No comments: