About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, wife, a friend, and a mommy! God is good He is faithful and His love endures forever. He has truly blessed us beyond measure.

My Blog List

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 19, 2020

Hmmm....I think I'll start blogging again

I wonder if people stopped blogging because the pace of life has increased so much in the last 8 years?  When I started this blog almost 9 years ago there were tons of people blogging.  That was before facebook and instagram go so popular.  Now you can share your story through pictures in just seconds on instagram, or go live on FB and show it in real-time.  Pretty amazing how things have changed. I decided to come back to the slow-paced world of blogging because in the past 9 years since I started it and in the past 4 since I stopped I've enjoyed coming back to see posts about being pregnant with both my boys and seeing them go from infants, to babies, to toddler, and little boys.

It seemed only fitting that I should start blogging again when I found out I was pregnant with surprise baby #3 this week...at 32 years old...6 years after having baby #2.  I was joking with my husband the other day that I already have my answer for the "Was this baby planned?" question.  The answer to that question about all my kids was, "Planned by God, not by us."  Now I know that isn't always the case for everyone.  Many people try for years to get pregnant and can't.  Many people spend $$$ on IUI and IVF and adoption to have just one baby.  I love all my kids and always wanted to be a mom.  I am a planner by nature and like to be in control so I just think it's funny how God has made all my babies a surprise....We were not planning for baby #3 but we are so excited and blessed that God decided to give us another baby.

Things will definitely be different this time around. I'm older, but so are my kids...I don't have two under two anymore. I have a 6 and 8 year old that can help out alot more around the house.  They empty the dishwasher every morning, they do their own laundry (score!!), they could easily make themselves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, if they needed to....Which they shouldn't, but you know, it's an option... They are also in school all day long which will help me out alot with being pregnant and adjusting to a newborn.

Ben is surprisingly excited about it and is looking forward to enjoying the baby more since when the boys were born he was in grad school and working full-time...he doesn't remember much.  I always feel like I got jipped with Eli as a baby cause I was so sick because of my thyroid issues.

Being older I also have such a different perspective on life and raising kids.  I think I will be alot more laid back because I've been through it already twice and I've been through alot of other things that have challenged my faith in God and my trust in His plan and care for me.  So I know however things turn out with this God's in control, He wants what's best for me and I can trust Him with this next season in my life.
Photobucket

No comments: