About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, wife, a friend, and a mommy! God is good He is faithful and His love endures forever. He has truly blessed us beyond measure.

My Blog List

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Two under two week 3

So has ended two under two week 3. I honestly don't know how you moms of two or more kids do it? Sometimes I feel like I'm going to lose my mind. I've got a toddler needing me constantly and a newborn who is trying to learn to sleep and eat and be in this new world. How do you do it without feeling like you're going to be ripped in half? All my mom friends of two+ kids says it gets easier. So I'm hoping it either gets easier or I just learn to deal with the stress better because lately it's been enough to send me to tears multiple times. And how do you sleep? Last night it took Elias forever to get to sleep. He's waking 2-3 times to eat in the middle of the night, so that's not bad but coordinating his sleep with Kyle's has been hard because I can't always count on him to sleep for naps all the time. I just try to take it one moment at a time because thinking about more than that is just about too much to handle. Photobucket

3 comments:

Tania said...

I can give you my two cents. When my boys were little, these are a few things I did that worked for us.
1. Have Kyle help, have him go get a diaper for the baby (or himself) if they aren't where he can reach them, move them. :D or, have him get a paci or a blankie... I would have the boys do that even if I didn't NEED something just to give them something to do and to help them feel helpful.
2. When I would feed the baby I would have the older sit with me and do puzzles or read a story so they get time with me too and not get jealous.
3. Another thing you can do is when you need to feed the baby, you can put Kyle in the highchair (so he can't get into trouble.. haha) and give him crayons and tape butcher paper to the tray of his highchair and let him color.. or something like that.
4. I didn't stress about schedules. My boys always figured out their own schedule that I was able to keep them happy with, and then I wasn't stressed about what needed to happen and when.
Last and most important, don't be afraid to ask for help!!! There are so many people that love you and want to help you, you just need to voice what you need. Anything from bring a meal or play with Kyle so you can take a nap, to do laundry or clean a bathroom!! I love you! It will get easier I promise!

Coach Mom said...

You are doing a great job, Steph! Do not be so hard on yourself. All the Moms who look like they are doing well with 2 or more kids had to "grow into it" too. Those first few weeks are the hardest. The sleep deprivation alone sends me to tears. Hang in there.

It took me a while just to get feeding/sleeping down. The house was a wreck, and many times there was no dinner prepared. I felt like a total failure. Thankfully, my husband was much more realistic in his expectations. In time, as breastfeeding and naps improved, I got more sleep (and a better attitude) and gained more energy to cook and clean...and venture out of the house more. It is a process, for sure.

Meggers said...

Pookie...hang in there. I know it's easier for me to say because I don't have kids running around the house, but I am here. Please use me whenever you need me, call me to come pick up Kyle, I'll take him to the zoo or whatever to give you some peace of mind. Don't ever think you have to go at this alone, because you don't! :) You can always call me and cry, you know I understand...being the emotional wear-my-heart-on my sleeve type! :)Love you!