About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, wife, a friend, and a mommy! God is good He is faithful and His love endures forever. He has truly blessed us beyond measure.

Blog Archive

My Blog List

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Adopt a "sibling" for your child this Christmas

So you know how God will bring something along your path more than once that makes you say, "Hey maybe I need to pay attention to this?" Well that's what He's done to me the past 2 days. I have been sponsoring a child (Sylvia) through Compassion for 4 years now and I just realized that I have not been a very good sponsor. I hardly write to her and don't pray for her on a regular basis. This is going to change...

One of the blogs I read Kelly's Korner is on a trip with Compassion to El Salvador right now. She has been writing about it and it's amazing. I also went to a Jeremy Camp concert last night and He always teams up with Compassion to sponsor kids at his concerts. I think it was at one of his concerts a few years ago where I got mine. Hearing the stories of people corresponding with their kids and praying for them then getting to visit them has helped me see I need to develop more of a relationship with Sylvia. I would love to visit her in Kenya, but I might not ever get to. What is more important is that she knows I'm her friend and care about her.

Compassion has their own blog, check it out and please consider sponsoring a child this Christmas. It's great way to teach your kids about giving and praying for others. Sponsor a child that is close to their age and let them be responsible for writing letters to them. It's like having a pen pal in another country, but doing something that matters in the long run.

No comments: