About Me

My photo
I am a Christian, wife, a friend, and a mommy! God is good He is faithful and His love endures forever. He has truly blessed us beyond measure.

My Blog List

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 21, 2011

I hate change

This year I've decided to admit something to myself...I hate change. I'm just going to admit it. Anytime change happens it causes me stress. I'm thankful that God has helped my body not freak out so much when change and stress happens which makes dealing with change much easier but I still don't like it. Since having Eli I respond to stress with anxiety and it's no fun. Some people cry when they are stressed, some people get mad...I get anxious.
Right now things are stressful because we're remodeling our kitchen. Being without a kitchen and having to wash dishes in my bathroom sink makes me appreciate having a new kitchen all the more. The other thing I've learned this weekend is Kyle is so my child...he hates change too. He's much more sensitive to it than I ever realized. The last couple days have been hard on him. If there is no way to stop change from happening then I just have to help him learn how to deal with it better and provide him as much stability as I can.
How do you deal with change? How do you help your kids be more resilient to changes in their life?

Photobucket

1 comment:

Tania said...

I think as with everything child related, the kids reaction feeds off ours. If we are cool calm and collected... so will the kids be. Have you ever noticed that if you don't react when your kid falls, then they don't freak.. but if you jump and run, they will flip out? Same idea. They learn literally EVERYTHING from us and our example. I would say as you get better at handling the stress, he will too. You could try to make a game out of the kitchen being torn up.. giving the dishes a "bath" that kind of thing? Hope that helps!! I have found myself having more anxiety as I get older.. I think it is a symptom of the FMS tho... But I know what you mean about stress and anxiety with changes especially. I have been dealing with that a lot this year because my son is graduating from High School in may and it is FREAKING ME OUT! :D. Love you girl!!!